Covers SMAW welding equipment and products used to produce groove type butt and fillet welds. Provides extensive practice to develop the skills to achieve satisfactory welds of this type. Safety hazards and safe practices in arc welding are emphasized. In addition, this course will prepare students to take nationally recognized certification exam(s).
- Describe differences in currents and polarities
- AC,DC Reverse and DC Straight
- Explain how to safely use SMAW equipment
- Describe the AWS electrode identification system for SMA process.
- PREREQUISITES/CO-REQUISITES: WELD 108
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Shielded Metal Arc Welding , Safety Practices
Method of Delivery