"Control Devices" covers the fundamental components of motor controls, devices that control the flow of current in circuits. Dangers of electric shock and other safety risks are significantly heightened when working with control devices. Control devices can be manual, mechanical, or automatic and are used in a variety of ways. Control devices include different types of buttons and switches, all of which serve differing purposes. It is necessary for those working with motor controls to understand control devices and apply their knowledge to appropriately select and operate these items according to application. After taking this course, students will be able to describe the design and function of commonly used mechanical control devices, along with applications appropriate for each device.
- Define control devices
- Describe the different types of inputs
- Describe the different types of control devices
- Describe the different parts of pushbuttons
- Describe common pushbutton operators
- Describe selector switches
- Describe limit switches
- Describe limit switch actuators
- Describe pressure switches
- Describe pressure sensing devices
- Describe temperature switches
- Describe the different types of temperature sensing devices
- Describe flow switches
- Describe level switches
- Describe proximity switches
- Describe photoelectric sensors
- Describe control device troubleshooting practices.
- Recommended for mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance technicians.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Power and Control Electronics
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code