"Lubricant Fundamentals" describes different types of lubricants and appropriate uses for them in machines and mechanical systems. A variety of machines require proper lubrication in order to function safely and efficiently. Lubricants help prevent wear and ensure operational efficiency by decreasing friction between components in contact. Common industrial lubricants include oil, grease, and solid lubricants. Machine operators and maintenance personnel must understand basic lubricant properties so they can select, apply, and replace lubricants properly. They must also recognize signs of improper lubrication and be aware of proper maintenance, storage, and safety practices for lubricants. After completing this course, users will understand the advantages and disadvantages of different types of lubricants, their operational properties, and procedures for proper lubrication.
- Describe the role of lubrication in mechanical systems
- Distinguish between boundary and mixed-film lubrication
- Contrast the different forms of full-film lubrication
- Describe general properties of lubricants
- Describe the primary types of lubricating oils used in industry
- Distinguish between the advantages and disadvantages of lubricating with oils
- Describe grease used for lubrication
- Distinguish between the advantages and disadvantages of lubricating with grease
- Describe types of additives used in lubricants
- Describe the various types of solid lubricants used in lubrication
- Distinguish between the advantages and disadvantages of using solid lubricants
- Describe important considerations for properly selecting and applying lubricants
- Describe various methods of applying lubricants
- Describe various factors that affect lubrication frequency
- Describe the effects of overlubrication
- Describe proper maintenance and storage procedures for lubricants
- Describe important safety considerations for working with lubricants.
- Recommended for mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance technicians.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Machining Lubrication
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code