“Hydraulic Fluid Selection” explains the primary functions and properties of the hydraulic fluid within a hydraulic system. Hydraulic fluid must lubricate components, seal clearances, dissipate heat, and transfer power as it flows through a fluid system. This class gives an overview of the types of hydraulic fluid used in industrial and mobile hydraulic systems. Hydraulic fluid is either petroleum-based oil, water-based, or synthetic. Selecting the hydraulic fluid for an application requires consideration of fluid properties and characteristics, such as the fluid's viscosity and whether it is compatible with system components. After taking this class, users will be familiar with common hydraulic fluids and their applications. A knowledge of hydraulic fluid helps prevent maintenance issues arising from fluid incompatibility and prevents downtime. Hydraulic system operators and technicians should be aware of hydraulic fluid selection guidelines.
- Describe hydraulic fluid
- Describe fluid viscosity
- Describe absolute viscosity
- Describe kinematic viscosity
- Describe the ISO viscosity grade
- Describe types of lubrication
- Describe oxidation, rust, and corrosion
- Describe demulsibility and foam resistance
- Describe petroleum-based oil
- Describe high-water fluid
- Describe invert emulsions
- Describe water glycol fluids
- Describe synthetic fire-resistant fluids
- Describe environmentally acceptable fluids.
- Recommended for mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance technicians.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Fluid Power, Maintenance
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code