"AC Power Sources” describes the common power sources used to generate alternating current (AC). Most AC power is produced by rotating field generators. Rotating field generators are made up of a rotor, stator, windings, and poles and rely on magnetic induction to produce voltage. Several types of distribution systems link AC generators to end users in order to deliver power. Transformers step voltage up and down to make it easier to transfer within a distribution system. Most transformers are three-phase and can have different types of cores. Regardless of its application, electricity in all forms must always be handled with care to minimize safety risks and damage to equipment. After completing this course, users will be able to describe common AC power sources, their basic constructions, and the ways in which they operate. This knowledge will enable users to keep themselves safe while effectively working within electrical systems that use common AC power sources.
- Describe the characteristics of AC power
- Describe how generators use magnetic induction
- Distinguish between rotating armature and rotating field generators
- Describe the parts of rotating field generators
- Distinguish between single- and three-phase power and their different connection configurations
- Describe AC generator frequency
- Describe factors that affect the output voltage of generators
- Explain parallel generator connection
- Describe how AC generators are synchronized
- Describe voltage transformers
- Describe the basic types of transformer cores
- Describe transformer connections
- Describe common power distribution systems
- Describe how AC power is transmitted
- Describe the process of converting AC to DC
- Describe ways to reduce electrical safety risks.
- Recommended for mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance technicians.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Electricity, Safety Practices, Power Distribution, AC Power Sources
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code