This class describes how to change a die and explains proper setup procedures for die setting.
- Define die setting
- List the information on the press specification plate
- Describe the proper use of the safety block during die setting
- Explain preparations for removing the die assembly
- Describe how to loosen the die assembly
- Explain preparations for installing a new die
- Describe how to install pressure pins
- Describe how to select die installation bolts
- Describe how to select the proper clamps
- Describe how to install the new die
- Describe how to center the new die
- Explain common methods for shut height adjustment
- Describe how to adjust shut height when the die set does not have a shank
- Describe how to adjust shut height when the die set has a shank
- Describe how to install the clamping devices for the die assembly
- Describe how to complete a clamping device installation
- Explain the purpose of the knockout bar
- Describe how to set counterbalance air pressure
- Describe how to test the new die.
- Recommended for tool and die makers and designers, die engineers, sheet metal product designers, sheet metal product release engineers, operators, managers, purchasing, stamping manufacturers, plant managers, and anyone who is a practitioner of formability measurements for formability improvement.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Die Stamping Setup, Die Stamping Troubleshooting, Die Stamp Understanding
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code