"Introduction to Automation" provides a comprehensive overview of the automation technology used in welding and thermal cutting processes. Automation is the use of either CNC machinery or robotic systems to both power and perform one or more processes. Automation offers manufacturers several benefits, such as minimizing production costs and waste, reducing a part's cycle time and a work area's footprint, and improving part quality and process reliability. Understanding basic machine components, their movement, and the way in which they are controlled is essential to performing any automated welding or thermal cutting process. After taking this class, users will be familiar with automated equipment, operation requirements, and safety measures. This information provides the foundation necessary to working with automated machinery successfully and safely.
- Describe automation
- Distinguish between automated CNC and robotic systems
- Identify appropriate personal protective equipment for working with automated systems
- Describe safety procedures for working with automated systems
- Distinguish between the different CNC thermal cutting processes
- Identify the basic components of a CNC thermal cutting machine
- Describe the Cartesian coordinate system
- Describe a CNC part program
- Describe the aspects of a CNC toolpath
- Describe robotic welding
- Describe the basic components of a robot
- Describe the different joints on robotic arms
- Distinguish between Cartesian, cylindrical, and spherical robots
- Distinguish between articulated, SCARA, and Delta robots
- Identify the different reference frames an operator may use to define a robot's movement
- Describe the different robot teaching methods
- Describe the teach pendant
- Describe robotic programming
- Describe editing and cleaning robotic programs.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel, including engineers, technicians and managers, particularly handling welding operations.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Robotic Welding, Thermal Cutting, Robotic Programming, Robotic Safety, PPE for Automated Systems
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code