The class “Overview of Weld Types” provides an overview of different joints and types of welds as well as their applications. Common weld types such as fillet and groove welds, as well as combination, plug, slot, spot, and seam welds, are discussed. In addition, the different parts of a weld and different welding positions are reviewed. Finally, the class covers the requirements of a variety of joints. A short lesson on weld discontinuities is also included in order to introduce the concept to the user. “Overview of Weld Types” helps to build a solid foundation for advanced welding techniques as well as more comprehensive reviews of specific welding processes. After taking the class, users should have a good general understanding of the names and functions of different joints, weld types, welding positions, and joint requirements.
- Describe the basic principles of welded joints
- Identify various joint types
- Identify the different parts of a weld
- Distinguish between fillet and groove welds
- Identify the characteristics of a fillet weld
- Identify different types of groove welds
- Describe the characteristics of less common weld types
- Explain joint penetration
- Describe ideal weld size
- Describe combination welding
- Identify different welding positions
- Identify joint requirements
- Explain how to choose joint and weld types
- Define weld discontinuities
- Identify various weld discontinuities.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel, including engineers, technicians and managers, particularly handling welding operations.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Welding Types, Welding
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code