This class identifies common specifications of CNC lathes and describes the various features and options available on different machines.
- Distinguish among mill specifications, features, and options
- Distinguish between specifications that describe the interior of a lathe
- Distinguish among interior lathe specifications
- Describe the importance of spindle speed for a lathe
- Describe the relationship between horsepower and torque
- Distinguish between a vertical and horizontal lathe
- Describe the importance of rapid axis travels and thrust
- Distinguish among lathe tool specifications
- Describe the relationships among accuracy, positioning, and repeatability
- Distinguish among a lathe's coolant specifications
- Explain machine dimensions
- Identify lathe features that directly affect machining capability
- Identify lathe features that directly affect the complexity of parts
- Identify lathe features that directly improve workpiece handling
- Identify lathe features that directly improve the use and maintenance of cutting tools
- Identify lathe options that directly improve job setup and quality control.
- Recommended for all manufacturing personnel operating CNC machines.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, CNC Lathe Basics, Lathe Tools, Quality Control
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code