"Grinding Wheel Selection" provides a guide on selecting the ideal grinding wheel from a grinding wheel manufacturer's catalog. Grinding wheel manufacturers list various specifications for grinding wheels, including workpiece compatibility, wheel type, wheel dimensions, abrasive material, bond material, grade, grain size, and maximum safe wheel speed. Some specifications, such as wheel type, are selected according to the grinding process. Other aspects of a grinding wheel, such as grain size and wheel structure, depend on workpiece material and the desired grinding results, including tolerance and surface finish. Selecting the most effective and economical grinding wheel requires a detailed knowledge of each aspect of the wheel and an understanding of the specifications needed to meet the requirements of a grinding operation. An incorrect or incompatible grinding wheel can lead to scrapped parts, damaged wheels or machines, and wasted time and money.
- Describe the main considerations when selecting a grinding wheel from a grinding wheel catalog
- Describe grinding wheel dimensions listed in grinding wheel catalogs
- Describe wheel types listed in grinding wheel catalogs
- Distinguish between common grinding wheel types
- Describe surface grinding segments
- Describe grinding wheels used in profile grinding
- Describe inside-diameter grinding wheel structure and selection
- Describe coated abrasives
- Describe common abrasive materials available in grinding wheel catalogs
- Explain the characteristics of different colors in grinding wheels
- Explain how grain size relates to wheel selection
- Explain how grain size is determined
- Distinguish between the bond materials available in grinding wheel catalogs
- Explain how to select a wheel grade
- Explain how wheel grade affects grain fracturing
- Explain the importance of maximum safe operating speed
- Describe considerations involved in selecting a superabrasive wheel
- Explain how to select the most economical wheel for a grinding operation.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel handling surface/cylindrical/centreless grinding equipment etc.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Grinding Wheel, Safety
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code