This class covers the specific characteristics, flux requirements, and thermal profile of lead-free solders, as well as the proper techniques to apply when using these new solder materials. Includes an Interactive Lab.
- Define lead-free soldering
- Define lead-free solder
- Describe flux used for lead-free soldering
- List the advantages of switching to lead-free soldering
- List the disadvantages of switching to lead-free soldering
- Describe the impact of lead-free solder on hand soldering
- Describe the thermal profile for lead-free soldering
- Describe proper heat transfer for lead-free soldering
- Describe the effect of lead-free solder on iron tips
- List characteristics of a good joint
- Describe common lead-free soldering defects.
- Recommended for all personnel working on the assembly line of a plant, particulary handling electronic products.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Soldering Basics, SOldering Materials
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code