"Fall Protection" provides employers and employees with a comprehensive overview of fall safety for the workplace where fall hazards exist when people or objects may slip or fall from elevated working surfaces. Employers must designate competent persons to assess fall risks on a worksite before work begins and as work is conducted. Additionally, employers must comply with fall protection standards established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), ensure employees receive adequate training to successfully adhere to fall safety practices and procedures, and provide appropriate fall protection equipment. Falls are one of the most common and preventable causes of workplace injury. Improving fall safety measures helps reduce the risk of employee injury and death.
- Explain the importance of workplace fall protection
- Describe how to recognize various fall hazards
- Describe proper fall protection planning
- Distinguish between different fall safety strategies according to the Hierarchy of Hazard Controls
- Describe methods for eliminating fall hazards
- Describe OSHA-approved methods for preventing falls in the workplace
- Describe best practices for increasing fall safety awareness in the workplace
- Distinguish between different types of fall protection systems
- Distinguish between fall restraint and fall arrest systems
- Distinguish between different components of fall protection PPE
- Describe testing standards for fall protection PPE and equipment
- Describe inspection and maintenance considerations for fall protection equipment.
- Recommended for all personnel in the manufacturing workplace.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Safety, PPE, OSHA Requirements
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code