This course introduces the variety of different matrix and reinforcement materials available, their specific mechanical and physical properties, as well as their use in engineering and advanced composites. This course also describes the benefits and drawbacks of using polymer-, metal-, ceramic-, and carbon-matrix composite materials and discusses appropriate applications for each. Composites are popular manufacturing materials due to their ability to exceed the properties of any individual material. An understanding of the different types of composites is necessary in order to know their appropriate applications. After completing this course, users will be able to distinguish between the different types of composites and understand their specific uses.
- Distinguish between the different manufacturing material categories
- Describe physical properties
- Describe mechanical properties
- Describe the two parts of a composite and their purpose
- Describe considerations for selecting a composite
- Distinguish between the different types of composite matrices
- Distinguish between the different types of composite reinforcements
- Describe reinforcement fiber orientations
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of polymer-matrix composites
- Describe reinforcements for polymer-matrix composites
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of metal-matrix composites
- Describe reinforcements for metal-matrix composites
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of ceramic-matrix composites
- Describe reinforcements for ceramic-matrix composites
- Describe carbon-reinforced carbon composites.
- Recommended for Manufacturing / Material Engineers.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Manufacturing Materials
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code