This course introduces physical and mechanical properties, atomic structure, and different types of traditional and advanced ceramics, as well as processing and manufacturing methods and end-user applications. Ceramics is a growing field in modern manufacturing and continuously provides new substitutes for traditional materials such as metals and plastics. An understanding of different types of ceramics' unique properties is necessary in order to know their appropriate applications. After completing this course, users will understand various ceramic qualities, manufacturing methods, and specific uses.
- Describe ceramics in manufacturing
- Describe the physical properties of ceramics
- Describe the mechanical properties of ceramics
- Distinguish between crystalline and amorphous structures
- Explain the relationship between the microstructure of ceramics and heat treatment
- Distinguish between traditional and advanced ceramics
- Describe traditional clay-based ceramics
- Describe glass
- Describe refractories
- Describe abrasives
- Describe advanced ceramics
- Describe common uses for advanced functional ceramics
- Describe common uses for advanced structural ceramics.
- Recommended for Manufacturing / Material Engineers.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Cermaics Manufacturing, Advanced Ceramics
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code