This course introduces users to thermoplastics and thermosets, physical and mechanical properties, polymer structure and arrangement, manufacturing methods, and common additives. Plastic has a wide range of commercial applications, including widespread usage in the medical field and the automotive industry. To choose the best plastic for a product, manufacturers must understand the physical and mechanical properties of a specific type of plastic. After completing "Introduction to Plastics," users will understand how various plastics function and how they are used in different applications.
- Contrast the advantages and disadvantages of plastic
- Describe the physical properties of plastic
- Describe the permeability and solubility of plastic
- Identify common mechanical properties of plastic
- Contrast viscosity, elasticity, and viscoelasticity
- Distinguish between natural and synthetic polymers
- Describe mers, molecules, and macromolecules
- Describe polymer arrangements
- Distinguish between types of plastic
- Describe common thermoplastics
- Describe common thermosets
- Describe elastomers
- Describe plastics manufacturing
- Explain the different manufacturing methods
- Describe additives.
- Recommended for Manufacturing / Material Engineers.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Thermoplastics/Thermosets Basics, Plastics Manufacturing
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code