Physical properties determine how a material will react to moisture, heat, electricity, and other factors. In order to choose the best tooling or raw material for an application, manufacturers must understand the physical properties of key metals, plastics, and other materials. This class also introduces users to volumetric characteristics, such as mass, weight, and density. After taking this course, users will be able to identify and describe key physical properties and their value in a manufacturing setting.
- List the four types of manufacturing materials
- Describe metals, plastics, ceramics, and composites
- Define physical properties and mechanical properties
- Describe the atomic structure of materials
- Describe how physical properties relate to manufacturing applications
- Describe volumetric properties
- Describe electrical properties
- Describe magnetic properties
- Describe thermal properties
- Describe thermal expansion and thermal stress
- Describe corrosion and thermal degradation.
- Recommended for Manufacturing / Material Engineers.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Manufacturing Materials, Material Properties
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code