Studies precision tools, equipment, and procedures needed to repair modern diesel engines.
- Demonstrate proper shop safety practices while overhauling and repairing engines.
- Identify tools and equipment used in engine repair.
- Inspect and determine serviceability of cylinder head according to manufacturer specifications.
- Inspect and determine serviceability of cylinder block according to recommended manufacturer specifications.
- Adjust or measure valve and engine brake clearance.
- Install camshaft according to manufacturer specifications.
- Inspect connecting rods and pistons.
- Measure the crankshaft and determine serviceability.
- Diagnose and or repair of the oil lubrication system.
- Install piston rings according to manufacturer specifications.
- Install connecting rod and main bearings according to manufacturer specifications.
- Assemble engine according to industry standards.
- Time camshaft and components to manufacturer specifications.
- Inspect cooling system and components for needed repair.
- Perform injector replacement procedures.
- Remove and reinstall the cylinder liner and check and adjust protrusion.
- Clean engine procedures
- Program Advisor Approval.
Fort Wayne - Indianapolis - Kokomo - Terre Haute
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour