Introduces the maintenance requirements and procedures of modern diesel engines and medium and heavy-duty trucks.
- Identify Proper shop safety practices while in the labs.
- Identify tools, equipment, & fasteners used in truck repair.
- Identify and explain how the truck repair industry is structured.
- Identify and explain operation of the major systems of the trucks.
- Identify and explain what EPA, CAFÉ, FMCSR, CDL, and NHTSA regulations are and how they affect the transportation industry.
- Perform complete FMC annual inspection of tractors and trailers.
- Examine maintenance requirements and procedures for heavy duty trucks.
- Change oil and filters and lubricate the complete chassis.
- Perform CDL pre-trip inspections.
- Perform the CDL air brake leak down safety test and inspection.
- Attain readiness to take Torque exams.
- Attain readiness to take SP/2 Mechanical Safety exam.
- Attain readiness to take SP/2 Pollution Prevention exam.
- Program Advisor Approval.
Fort Wayne - Indianapolis - Kokomo - Terre Haute
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour