Studies factors influencing the flow of materials in a manufacturing enterprise. Covers basics of production planning and control, purchasing, forecasting, inventory and distribution issues. Concludes with an overview of just-in time theory and practices.
- Describe factors that influence materials flow
- Plan and control manufacturing systems
- Improve communications and understanding of all functions in a manufacturing process
- Develop an understanding of cost trade-offs in a manufacturing enterprise.
- PREREQUISITES: Demonstrated competency through appropriate assessment or earning a grade of “C” or better in ENGL 025 Introduction to College Writing II or ENGL 093 Introduction to College Writing and ENGL 032 Reading Strategies for College II or ENGL 083 Reading Strategies for College.
Communication, Manufacturing Processes/Systems
Method of Delivery