This Course presents advanced theory, diagnosis and repair of Battery Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Electric Vehicles using manufacturer specific diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Discuss and demonstrate personal and ship safety procedures.
- Define electrical circuit terminology, symbols, components and schematics used in HEV as well as PHEV electrical/electronic systems.
- Perform voltage, current resistance and insulation tests using proper procedures and test equipment.
- Identify tools and test equipment used in the servicing of EV, HEV and PHEV’s.
- Describe vehicle safety systems including disconnect
- interlock loops, and GFI protection.
- Inspect service and diagnose hybrid Powertrain systems.
- Inspect service and diagnose hybrid engine, inverter/converter and battery management system temperature control systems.
- Identify components, procedures and processes used to install PHEV conversion systems to manufacture specifications.
- PREREQUISITES: AUTI 210
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour