This course provides an overview of the fundamentals of operation, diagnosis and repairing of electric and gas-electric hybrid vehicles.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of Electric Vehicle (EV) and Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) versus the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) equipped vehicle.
- Discuss and demonstrate personal and shop safety procedures.
- Describe vehicle safety systems including service safety disconnect
- interlock loops, and GFI protection.
- Describe battery pack technology including configurations, types and energy concepts.
- Identify basic propulsion systems and power transfer systems including AC and DC motor technology used in EV and HEV designs.
- Describe standard ICE and HEVICE design differences.
- Identify tools, tests equipment and service procedures used in the servicing of EV and HEV’s.
- PREREQUISITES: AUTI 112
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour