Introduces types of fiberglass and plastic materials used in auto body repair. Covers both interior and exterior applications.
- Demonstrate proper shop safety practices while in the lab(s). This includes wearing safety glasses (goggles) at all times while in the lab(s).
- Define hazards and safety of materials. This includes proper handling, storing and use of materials and chemicals used.
- Select tools and equipment. This includes selecting and properly using tools and equipment for the job.
- Describe use of composite material.
- Identify different types of damage.
- Select related material in composite repair.
- Repair fiberglass and plastic damage. This includes several methods such as welding, reinforcing, repairing holes and retexturing plastics.
- Program Advisor Approval.
Fort Wayne - Terre Haute
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour