Provides instruction on the total refinishing of an automobile with emphasis on advanced and specialty painting techniques.
- Demonstrate proper shop safety practices while in the lab(s). This includes wearing safety glasses (goggles) at all times while in the lab(s).
- Prepare surfaces for refinishing. This includes proper mixing and application of primer as well as sanding, cleaning, masking, etc.
- Spray Automotive Paint. This includes the knowledge of how to properly set up, use, clean and maintain a spray gun and its related equipment (i.e. air hoses, air source(s), air lines, etc.).
- Spot Refinishing. This includes properly matching paint colors and types in order to apply paint to one area of the automobile so that there is no evidence of the repair.
- Tint and Blend Colors. This includes being able to properly match paint color and type of that already on the vehicle. This also includes the ability to blend paint while applying it to the vehicle.
- Compound (buff), polish and clean up the job. This includes buffing and polishing the vehicle after wet sanding to remove any defects and bring out paint shine. This also includes cleaning body openings (door jambs, edges, etc.) as well as the entire exterior to make the vehicle deliverable to its owner after repairs are completed.
- PREREQUISITES: AUBR 103
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour