Provides basic skills and fundamental knowledge in oxy-fuel welding, cutting, brazing and plasma cutting, gas metal arc welding, squeeze type resistance welding, exterior panel welding and I-CAR welding test preparation.
- Demonstrate the proper safety procedures in oxy-fuel, gas metal arc welding, plasma cutting, squeeze type resistance and exterior panel welding.
- Set up and shut down an oxy-fuel station properly and safely.
- Perform soldering and brazing with oxy-fuel equipment.
- Perform square cut, bevel cut and hole cut with hand-held oxy-fuel cutting torch and plasma cutting equipment.
- Weld butt, lap and tee joints in the vertical and overhead positions with GMAW.
- Perform welds with a squeeze type resistance welder.
- Perform the replacement of body panels, both in steel and plastic parts.
- Perform all welds necessary for I-CAR welder qualification.
- Attain readiness to take ICAR Steel Welding Certification exam.
- Program Advisor Approval.
Fort Wayne - Terre Haute
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour