Introduces auto paint considerations with emphasis on the handling of materials and equipment in modern automotive technologies.
- Demonstrate proper shop safety practices while in the lab(s). This includes: always wearing safety glasses while in the lab(s).
- Define and demonstrate metal conditioners as they relate to the different metals
- Demonstrate use of primers and sealers according to their uses (per manufacturer’s specifications) as a base for final finishes. This includes the proper mixing and application of both primers and sealers.
- Discuss and know the difference between enamel, urethane, and lacquer finishes and their applications.
- Determine the proper amount of paint needed for a specific job.
- Select the proper type of thinner or reducer needed for a specific job.
- Demonstrate proper spraying techniques using production type equipment for spraying lacquer and enamel finishes.
- Demonstrate the proper use and application of base coat/clear coat systems.
- Clean and maintain spray equipment to remove excess materials remaining after spraying.
- Properly and safely handle, store, and remove toxic body shop materials.
- Program Advisor Approval.
Fort Wayne - Terre Haute
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
$149.55 per Credit Hour