Introduces the basic principles and practices of Safety and Quality used in manufacturing environments. Safety instruction covers topics including; Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), confined space, lock out/tag out, zero energy state, hazardous materials, storage of flammable materials, storage of fuel gas and high pressure gas cylinders, portable powered tool safety, hand tool safety, record keeping, training, employer enforcement of safety regulations, and right to know This course also covers current quality control concepts and techniques in industry with emphasis on modern manufacturing requirements. Topics of instruction include basic statistical and probability theory, sampling techniques, process control charts, nature of variation, histograms, attributes and variable charts. This course will use lecture, lab, online simulation and programming to prepare students for Certified Production Technician Testing through Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC). In addition, this course will also include an online OSHA 10 hour certification program in which successful completion results in students earning their OSHA 10 General Industry certification.
- Understand the importance of the manufacturing industry, and introduction to common manufacturing concepts through direct interaction with industry
- Conduct assigned tasks in a safe and workmanlike manner while working either independently or in small groups
- Discuss the need for workplace safety and workplace safety training programs as covered by the OSHA 10 hour program
- Discuss quality systems and reference common manufacturing examples
- Use quantitative analytical skills to evaluate and process numerical data
- Discuss basic blueprint reading fundamentals
- Discuss basic measurement systems
- Communicate effectively using listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Solve problems using critical and creative thinking skills
- Utilizing and applying software where appropriate to the course
- Attain readiness to take OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Certification exam
- Attain readiness to take MSSC Safety and Quality Certification exam.
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Material Safety, Machinery/ Tool safety, Analytic Creation, Data Analiysis
Method of Delivery