In manufacturing environments, a proactive approach to safety, with involvement from employees at all levels, can increase employee productivity and commitment, save money, and improve the organizationís reputation. In this course, you will learn how lean manufacturing concepts, such as eliminating the eight wastes, can be used to improve safety; you will also learn the fundamentals of building a culture of safety commitment as opposed to compliance.
- Explain how lean concepts can be used to improve safety
- Describe the difference between safety compliance and safety commitment
- Explain how to build a culture of safety commitment
- Describe the process associated with a gemba safety walk
- List best practices for implementing safety solutions
- List key elements required for maintaining safety commitment.
- Recommended for Safety professionals, engineers, managers and supervisors, and other personnel responsible for workplace safety.
Purdue University MEP
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Lean Manufacturing, Saftey Improvement
Method of Delivery