This half-day workshop covers the topics of personal protective equipment and hearing protection. The workshop is taught by an OSHA-authorized trainer who is also a certified safety and health manager (CSHM). OSHA requires employers to determine the hazards present in the workplace and to provide employees with the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Describe the hierarchy of controls as it relates to personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify types of PPE used in general industry
- Explain PPE training requirements
- Explain employer and employee responsibilities regarding PPE and hearing protection.
- Recommended for all employers and employees who want to improve operational excellence.
Purdue University MEP
Communication, Critical Thinking, Personal Effectiveness, Safety Identification,
Method of Delivery
Face to Face